Connect with support services for domestic & family violence
This page is currently under review, and the content will be updated soon.
It is important to remember that you are not alone and that there is help out there. Below are some resources on how you, or someone you know, can get assistance and support through domestic and family violence. For more specific help, please see our tool kit below.
- National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service: 1800 737 732
- Mensline Australia - supports men and boys who are dealing with domestic and family violence and relationship difficulties. Phone: 1300 789 978. Online chat is also available: mensline.org.au
- Men’s Referral Service – offers assistance, information and counselling to help men who use domestic and family violence. Phone: 1300 755 491
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Relationships Australia – information on relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. Phone: 1300 364 277
- Each State or Territory has its own network of services that can help deal with domestic and family violence. Find a local service in your area at respect.gov.au/services/
- For information about receiving a Centrelink crisis payment to help you with immediate financial concerns, contact Centrelink on 132 850 or find information online
- Some banks offer support for customers experiencing domestic and family violence. Call your bank to see how they can assist you.
Download our domestic and family violence factsheet.