What it is
This Way Up can help you manage stress, anxiety and low-mood through a range of self-paced online programs that support you on your journey with mental health.
Their resources teach clinically-proven strategies to help you improve how you feel.
They also offer Post Traumatic Stress Program for people who have experienced or are experiencing post-traumatic stress in response to a traumatic event in adulthood. This program is not suitable for people looking for help with childhood or complex trauma.
Who it’s for
This Way Up works best for people experiencing non-urgent mental health issues. Their programs focuses on depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, chronic pain and panic. Because of the online nature of This Way Up, this resource may suit people who cannot access therapy.
What it costs
This Way Up offer a range of different programs, some of which are immediately free to access.
Programs that are not immediately free can be accessed in two ways:
- By paying $59 to access immediately
- By getting a prescription from your doctor, after which you can access them for free.
How it helps
All of the programs on This Way Up are based on clinically-proven Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). They give you the tools to learn practical, psychological skills that are designed to help you manage difficult emotions, tackle unhelpful thoughts, and gain control over symptoms.
The great news is that these online programs have been created to mimic the education, skills and strategies you would learn if you were to receive CBT from a mental health professional face-to-face.
What to expect
If you’d like to learn with This Way Up, there are three simple steps to get started.
- Choose your program based on your current difficulties. If you’re having trouble deciding, you might like to take their anonymous online test to see which one would work best for you.
- Enrol in your chosen program using the sign-up prompts on your screen. Some programs are always free, while others cost $59 to instantly access. You can also access ANY program for free with a prescription from your doctor.
- Begin your course and start implementing what you learn.
This Way Up recently launched a range of multilingual resources, programs and worksheets to support people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
They are currently available in Arabic, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Filipino, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Spanish and Vietnamese.
How to access
You can access This Way Up on desktop and mobile devices at https://thiswayup.org.au