What they do
If you’re going through a hard time right now, the Beyond Blue Support Service offers a free and confidential counselling service.
Their counsellors will listen and help you find the extra mental health help you need.
Who they're for
The service is available 24/7 and is available to all Australians.
How they help
You can talk to the Beyond Blue Support Service whenever you need brief telephone or online counselling. You might:
- be having a really bad day
- feel overwhelmed and not know where to start
- have diagnosed anxiety or depression
- need help to support a partner, family member or friend.
They can also help you find the right mental health services for you if you need extra support.
What happens when you connect
- If you call, you’ll select an option from a voice menu. Or you can just hold on to the line to talk to a counsellor.
- A counsellor will answer your call or chat. They’ll ask for your first name and a few details. You don’t have to tell the counsellor your name if you don’t want to.
- The counsellor will listen to you and support you. Sometimes that’s all you’ll need. The counsellor can also support you to take the next steps in your mental health journey.
Translation, hearing and speech services
Call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.
Connect to the National Relay Service (internet relay) and ask for 1300 22 4636.
Call TTY (teletypewriter) on 1800 555 677 and ask for 1300 22 4636.
Call Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) on 1800 555 727 and ask for 1300 22 4636.
Phone number: 1300 22 4636
Online chat: Beyond Blue Webchat Support Service
Email support service: Beyond Blue Email Support Service (email response provided within 24 hours)