What it is
Beyond Now is an app for people to make a step-by-step plan to help them stay safe when they are overwhelmed and having thoughts of suicide.
The app assists people to create a structured plan that they work through when experiencing suicidal thoughts, feelings, distress or crisis and involves identifying:
- Recognising warning signs
- Creating a safe space
- Identifying reasons to live
- Internal coping strategies
- Socialisation strategies for distraction & support
- Trusted contacts for assisting with a crisis
- Professional contacts for assisting with a crisis.
How does it help
Research has shown having a safety plan can be useful for reducing the intensity of suicidal thoughts and increasing people’s ability to cope with them.
By deliberately creating a personalised plan to stay safe, the tool enables you to reach for things and people that will help when facing your darkest moments.
How do I access it?
You can download the iPhone App here.
You can download the Android App here.
You can access the web version here.