What they do
Provides free drug and alcohol counselling with a professional counsellor via online chat or email. The service also offers an online forum, self help and self-assessment tools, and learning modules.
Counselling Online is a Turning Point service funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health. Counselling Online assists Australian residents concerned about alcohol and other drugs and has been providing support since 2006.
Who they're for
The service is for anyone in Australia affected by alcohol or other drug use, as well as carers or supporters of those affected by alcohol or other drug use.
The service supports people at all stages of help-seeking, whether you are:
- Seeking support for the first time
- Waiting to access treatment
- Receiving treatment but require additional support, particularly after hours
- In recovery and wanting to connect with others
- Managing lapse and relapse
- Wanting to share your experience and support others, or
- Being impacted by or supporting someone with an alcohol or substance problem.
How they help
Counselling Online services are provided by counselling staff with professional qualifications and experience in alcohol and drug counselling and treatment.
They are here to help you at any time when you need it. Whether you need a chat to get you through a moment, a longer conversation to work through a greater difficulty or if you have an immediate need, they are here and able to support you.
The counsellors will listen, reflect and help you with where you are at and what you can do next. If you wish, they will connect you to the appropriate support that will help you take the next steps towards change and recovery.